PHILADELPHIA – This week on the Safe Spaces for Cycling Project, Work will begin this week and announce Philadelphia's Streets Commissioner Carlton Williams at a Friday news conference.
Safe Spaces for Cycling Project
This project aims to create upgrades or reconfiguration to several bike lanes. The project's scope will include new pavement markings, flexible delineator posts, and bike lane-related signage.
The project is expected to start this week, weather permitting. Contractors will start the work during daytime hours using single lane closures.
The streets included within the scope of the project are at the following locations:
- 2nd Street from Spring Garden St to Race St
- 5th Street from Arch St to Race St
- 5th Street from Callowhill St to Spring Garden St
- 6th Street from Spring Garden St to Market St
- 10th Street from Spring Garden St to Winter St
- Parkside Avenue from Girard Ave to 52nd St
The $500K project is being funded by both Federal and City funds. The project is expected to be completed sometime in the early Summer of 2021.
Protected bike lane construction to begin as part of the Safe Spaces for Cycling Project