PHILADELPHIA – Old City’s beloved bars and next-door neighbors Royal Boucherie and Khyber Pass Pub are joining forces to bring the City of Brotherly Love a brand-new food-focused fall festival Cochon et Cidre, as a celebratory kickoff to Philly Cider Week, on Sunday, October 23 from 12 pm – 6 pm.
The first-ever pork and cider fest is a collaboration complete with a whole roasted pig, an assortment of pork-influenced apps and small plates, themed craft cocktails, a bevy of locally-made and French ciders, live music and entertainment, and much more, held indoors and al fresco at the 2nd Street dining destinations.
For diners who prefer to sit indoors at Royal Boucherie and Khyber Pass Pub, reservations are encouraged. They can be made by calling either restaurant or visiting Royal Boucherie’s website/OpenTable. A selection of small plates, entrées, and desserts will be offered, including:
- · Charcuterie Board
- · Vegan “Pork Belly” Cracklins with pickled okra and hot sauce
- · Pork, Apple, and Blue Cheese Tartlet
- · Oysters
- · Cajun Deviled Eggs with pork dust
- · Red Wine Braised Pork Cheek with pomme purée and roasted carrots
- · Pork Tenderloin with cider-braised cabbage and roasted fingerlings
- · Bananas Foster Pudding
- · Warm Crumb Cake with apple compote and whipped cream
- · Beignets with Powdered Sugar