PHILADELPHIA, PA – MilkBoy South Street, part of the iconic Philadelphia-born brand known for booze, bites, and music, has recently launched the “Lunch Lady Special,” featuring seven days of reoccurring rotating specials of playful and comforting dishes from Culinary Director Chef Yun Fuentes.
“Lunch Lady Special” comprises seven signature items prepared by Fuentes and the team, incorporating locally-sourced ingredients and encouraging collaborations with neighboring purveyors. All come served on aluminum lunch trays adorned with bright checkered paper, evoking a fun, elevated take on the aesthetics of grade school cafeterias. For $14.50, foodies can enjoy a copious platter of delectable fare available all-day, seven days a week.
The schedule of offerings are as follows:
- MONDAY: Grande Nachos El Gringo – Nacho chips, seasoned ground beef, melted cheese, salsa verde, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and queso fresco
- TUESDAY: Chicken Fajita Platter – Grilled chicken breast, peppers, and onion, served with a flour tortilla and an assortment of condiments (i.e., pico de gallo and salsa verde)
- WEDNESDAY: Hot Honey Bao Bun Chicken Sliders – Steamed bao buns, kimchi, spicy mayo, fried chicken, hot honey sauce
- THURSDAY: Chicken Parm Hoagie – Breaded chicken cutlets, marinara, provolone, Parmesan, and mozzarella, served on a hoagie roll with a side of long hot pepper
- FRIDAY: Flatbread Pizza with Chorizo – Garlic naan bread, mozzarella, tomato sauce, chorizo, red onions
- SATURDAY: Crabby Patty Sandwich – Double decker seeded bun sandwich, avocado ranch, two fried crab cakes, lettuce, tomato, guacamole
- SUNDAY: Brunch Burger – Smashed style hamburger, French toast bun, bourbon maple aioli, cheddar/bacon/onion omelet, served with a side of hash browns
“The goal with Lunch Lady Special is to encourage our guests to return to MilkBoy South Street frequently and try something new and exciting,” said Chef Yun Fuentes, Culinary Director of MilkBoy Philly and MilkBoy South Street. “This program also builds community, as certain guests will gravitate towards the weekday that their preferred special is being served weekly.”
Fuentes’ new menu includes thoughtful, creative fare that one can enjoy each week at the Fourth and South Street venue, in addition to all-new hamburgers, crispy waffle fries, and a bevy of side dishes to its burger-heavy offerings.
In a quest to craft Philadelphia’s best burger, Fuentes and the team at MilkBoy South Street designed a burger-focused menu with the star of the show, “Hit Single” ($9.95), a 150g beef patty, Tommy Sauce (their signature sauce named after Co-Founder and musician Tommy Joyner), red onion, MilkBun, and sidekick pickle.
In addition, the menu includes a selection of waffle fries (regular, cheesy, and loaded) and “Other Tracks,” such as:
- Double Platinum ($14.95) – Two beef patties, Tommy Sauce, Tomato, Lettuce, and Cooper Sharp
- South Street Boogaloo ($10.95) – Sloppy Style, Fried Onions, BeerWhiz with Long Hot Aioli
- ChoriCrunch ($13.95) – Chorizo, Avocado Ranch, Lettuce, Queso Fresco, Jalapeños, Fritos
With the launch of the new menu comes the Burger of the Month Burger (BOMB). Burger-enthusiasts are encouraged to create their own ideal sandwich by selecting from many toppings such as baked brie, blue cheese, maple bacon, long hots, sundried salsa, and sauerkraut, crispy o’s, crab cake, and much more. Following, they’ll name the burger concoction and tag @milkboysouthstreet on Instagram for a chance to win a $25 gift card and be featured as the Burger of the Month Burger. This month’s BOMB is K-Pop ($12.95) prepared with American cheese, kimchi, fried egg, and Korean chili mayo.
Hours of operation at MilkBoy South Street are Sunday through Tuesday from 11 am – 12 am and Wednesday through Saturday from 11 am – 1 am. In addition to dining in, fans of MilkBoy can enjoy Fuentes’ creations in the comforts of home by ordering takeaway via third-party apps such as GrubHub, DoorDash, and Caviar.
13 March 2023 Discover 10 of Pennsylvania's Finest Irish Bars
07 October 2022 New Hope - Visiting Bucks County
07 October 2022 Los Mejores Restaurantes Latinos en Filadelfia
03 October 2022 Timber Rattlesnakes in Pennsylvania