NEW YORK - If you need to take off your mind from the global pandemic, then start planning your trip to New York City for the summer of 2022. The Big Apple will be hosting a plethora of events that are worth checking out! From food festivals to open-air concerts, here is a list of can’t-miss events in New York for the summer of 2022:
1. One of the finest summer events in Central Park is the Summer Stage Festival: This music festival has something for everyone as it will feature a wide range of genres, including jazz, Latin, rock, and more.
2. A Baseball Game At Yankee Stadium Is A Summer Event For Sports Enthusiasts In New York: A game at Yankee Stadium is a must for all baseball lovers. If you would like to cheer on your favorite team, then get your tickets early!
3. Open-Air Concerts In Prospect Park: If you love listening to live music, then you should definitely attend one of the open-air concerts in Prospect Park. This is a great opportunity to enjoy some good music while soaking up the summer sun.
4. Open Air Dining At Smorgasburg: One of the best things to do in summer in New York City is to enjoy some delectable food from over 100 local and international vendors at Smorgasburg.
5. Shakespeare in the Park: Another popular summer event in New York is the Shakespeare in the Park festival, where you can enjoy classic works of Shakespeare under the stars. If you'd like to see a play, then make sure to get tickets in advance, as they tend to sell out quickly!
6. Summer on the Hudson: One of the best free summer events in New York is Summer on the Hudson, where you can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, including movies, concerts, and fitness classes.
7. See A Broadway Show: A trip to New York City is incomplete without seeing a Broadway show. You can catch some of the best shows in the world during the summertime.
8. Visit The Rooftop Bar At Rockefeller Center: One of the best things to do in New York City during summer is to visit the rooftop bar at Rockefeller Center for stunning views of the city skyline.
9. Picnic In Central Park: A picnic in Central Park is a perfect summer activity to do with your family or friends. You can pack your own food or buy some from the many food carts in the park.
10. Coney Island Mermaid Parade: This is one of the quirkiest and most unique events in New York, which sees people dressing up as mermaids and marching down the streets of Coney Island.
11. The New York City Wine and Food Festival: One of the biggest food festivals in the world, the New York City Wine and Food Festival is a must-visit for all foodies.
12. Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks: The Macy’s 4th of July fireworks is one of the most anticipated events of the year.
13. The US Open Tennis Tournament: One of the biggest tennis tournaments in the world, the US Open is held every year in New York City. For a unique summer event in New York, visit the US Open to catch some of the best tennis players in action.
14. Hudson River Park’s Water Taxi Beach: One of the best ways to beat the summer heat is to take a dip in the Hudson River at the Water Taxi Beach. This is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
15. New York City Summer Restaurant Week: This is a great opportunity to try out some of the best restaurants in New York City at a discounted price. This event is usually held in August so mark your calendars!
If you're about to book your plane ticket and looking for the best summer events in New York, make sure to include these can't-miss events in your itinerary. Also, to make the most of your stay here, follow these simple steps:
- Check the calendar of events for the specific dates of these events
- Get your tickets early to avoid the last-minute rush
- Book your accommodation in advance to get the best rates
- Make sure to pack comfortable shoes as you will be doing a lot of walking!
- Book airport transportation to JFK or EWR in advance to avoid the hassle of hailing a taxi.
So, these are some of the must-visit events in New York for the summer of 2022. NY will be waiting for you with open arms, so start planning your trip now!