PHILADEPHIA, PA - Red Owl Tavern, the contemporary kitchen and bar perched across from Independence Hall in Old City bring back the crowd-pleasing daily breakfast service with a revamped menu from Executive Chef Jonathan Dearden featuring signature staples and brand-new offerings, and additional offerings to an elevated weekend brunch.
Locals and visitors are welcome to join Red Owl Tavern’s return breakfast at the beloved Old City eatery. In preparation for the re-launch, Chef Dearden created an extensive menu of classic dishes and seasonal fare, paired perfectly with locally sourced coffee and brunch cocktails, including Mimosas and Bloody Marys.
Chef Dearden’s delightful dishes include the following:
- Tavern Omelet— Mushrooms, squash, spinach, and tomatoes with an optional add-on of avocado and Applewood smoked bacon
- Avocado Toast– Avocado mousse, black bean sofrito, sunny-side egg, and Fresno chili
- Buttermilk Pancakes— Whipped ricotta, fresh blueberries, and Pennsylvania-made maple syrup
- Breakfast B.L.T Brioche bun, fried egg, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and mayo, served with breakfast potatoes.
Hotel guests and patrons are encouraged to enjoy breakfast within the restaurants’ rustic but modern interior space on the first floor. For diners looking to accommodate a larger group, Red Owl Tavern offers expansive dining rooms on the second floor overlooking the first floor and bar.
“We’re thrilled to bring back daily breakfast here at Red Owl after such a long hiatus,” said Peter Deleone, General Manager of Red Owl Tavern. “With the re-launch of breakfast comes extended hours, and more opportunity to connect with our guests and welcome in visitors looking to dine amongst history.”
In addition to the weekday breakfast service, Red Owl Tavern boasts an exceptional weekend brunch served on Saturday and Sunday, plus a stellar Mimosa Brunch for imbibers looking to sip the Sunday Scaries away. Available for dine-in only, folks may choose orange or cranberry juice and enjoy with a bottle of Wyclif Prosecco.
Chef’s signature brunch offerings include:
- Sausage Biscuits and Gravy— Egg and cheddar biscuit, pork sausage gravy and chives
- Tavern Burger— Brioche bun, lemon garlic mayo, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion
- Shrimp N’ Grits— Pimento cheese grits, Cajun spice, and citrus aioli
- Huevos Rancheros– Chorizo hash, black beans, Fresno chilies, avocado mousse, and cotija cheese
Currently, breakfast is served Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 am – 11 am, lunch served Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 12 – 4:30 pm, dinner served Monday from 4:30 – 9 pm, Thursday and Friday from 4:30 – 10 pm, Saturday from 5 – 10 pm, and weekend brunch served Saturday from 9 am – 4:30 pm, and Sunday from 9 am – 3 pm. Closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.